Our Online Au pair and Nanny Training Course covers everything you need to know to have fun with kids whilst keeping them safe. In addition, our au pair course includes valuable information about adjusting to life in a different country, and what to expect when living with a host family.
At the end of the course you will get a Certificate of Completion, this course is dedicated to Childcare Development & Nanny Roles, including:
- Infant & Child Health and Safety
- Child Development-Ages and Stages
- Age Appropriate Activities
- The Au pair as a Role Model
- Building Positive Self Concepts in Children
- Nutrition and Feeding
- Communication with Children and Host Parents
Top up your skills and learn how to manage the demands and benefits of being an au pair. Get the most out of your experience as an au pair abroad.
By enrolling in our Online Au pair course, you can greatly improve your chances of getting au pair jobs with the families you want. Showing host families that you are Au pair Trained means you are serious about being an au pair. You have taken the time and effort to learn the skills you need to care for children, and you have the certificate to prove it! Parents love to know that their au pair understands their children’s needs and will know what to do in case of an emergency.
Parents are concerned with child safety and will expect you to have the skills and knowledge to keep kids safe when you have an au pair job
The Online Au pair and Nanny Training Course covers the following topics:
Module I – Taking care of young babies
Understanding the basic needs of a young baby, so that you can ensure that all of her needs are being met. Such as Feeding, sleep and human contact, as well as the importance of human contact to the healthy mental and physical development of babies, and how this makes the baby feel loved. Other topics covered:
- Holding a young baby
- Crying and comforting
- What’s the best way to comfort a baby?
- Nappy changing routine
- How to bath your baby
- Bathing routine
- Dressing a baby
Module 2 – Feeding a Baby
- Making up formula milk
- Making up formula routine
- Winding the baby
- Bottle feeding routine
- Spoon feeding
- Which foods should you avoid giving to the baby?
- Helping the baby feed himself
- Ideas of healthy Finger foods
- Your essential travel kit when going out
Module 3- Baby Safety
- Reducing the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)
- Baby safety
- Safety precautions in the bathroom
Module 4 – Becoming a Toddler – Nutritional needs
- The five main food groups
- What snacks should I give to the toddler?
- Safety first with foods
- Eating – Feeding issues
- Fussy eaters
- Junk food
Module 5 – Becoming a Toddler – Promoting manipulation
Module 6 – Development
- Milestones in intellectual development
- Milestones in locomotive development
- Milestones in manipulative development
Module 7 – Learning through play
- How does playing help the child to learn?
- Play will help the child to:
- How can I encourage my child to be creative?
- Different types of play to nurture different skills and prevent boredom
Module 8 –Growth and development –Activities they enjoy at different ages
- 6-9 moths – which activities will the baby enjoy at this age?
- 9 months- 1 year – which activities are suitable for the baby at this age?
- 1-2 years – which activities are suitable for the child at this age?
- 2-3 years – which activities will the child enjoy at this age?
- 3 – 4 years – which activities are suitable for the child at this age?
- 4 – 5 years – which indoor activities are suitable for the child at this age?
Which outdoor activities are suitable for the child at this age?
Module 9 – Becoming a Toddler
- Potty training
Module 10 – Keeping your child safe
- Preventable dangers
Module 11 –Looking after a sick child
- How can I best look after a sick child at home?
- What should I do if the child has fever?
Module 12 – Matters of discipline
Module 13 – For the Au pair: Making the Relationship Work
- Being a Part of Your Host Family
- About Your Au Pair Job
- About Your Host Famiy’s Children
- About Your Host Family’s Parents
- About Your Host Family’s House
How to make modelling dough
How to make Soap bubbles and blower
How to make Baby play dough
Easy Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- Egg salad sandwich
- Tuna, celery & dill sandwich
- Chicken, celery & avocado sandwich
- Beef, cheese & carrot sandwich
- Cheesy spinach rice muffins